Saturday, July 18, 2009

TONY DEYAL LAUGHTER! 'Give me a break'


TONY DEYAL

Jamaica Gleaner | Saturday | July 18, 2009

Click on title above for link to full HILARIOUS column!!

What is the difference between God and an orthopaedic surgeon? God doesn't think he is an orthopaedic surgeon. I suppose God's ubiquity is part of the reason. You can find God here, there and everywhere among the common people but orthopaedic surgeons are much more particular - you find them only in high-class joints. We take God for granted but orthopaedic surgeons demand an arm and a leg for their services even when the problem is a finger or a toe.

As I kept repeating to my friends and family alike, I took a break from the afternoon cricket practice with my son and his friends. At first, because I was having a swell time, I thought it was a sprain and tried hot water, ice and various unguents but when the pain refused to go away and the swelling seemed to be going up rather than down I exchanged the rub for a doctor who rubbed me the wrong way.