Sunday, May 18, 2014

Let not your hearts be troubled

from www.cornerstonethefoundation.blogspot.com
 Today's Gospel Reading - John 14:1-12
1"Let not your hearts be troubled; believe in God, believe also in me.
 2In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? 
 3And when I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.  
4And you know the way where I am going." 5Thomas said to him, "Lord, we do not know where you are going; how can we know the way?" 
 6Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me. 7If you had known me, you would have known my Father also; henceforth you know him and have seen him."  
8Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and we shall be satisfied."  
9Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you do not know me, Philip? He who has seen me has seen the Father; how can you say, `Show us the Father'? 
10Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority; but the Father who dwells in me does his works.  
11Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father in me; or else believe me for the sake of the works themselves. 
12"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father."

No comments:

Post a Comment