Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Taking a break as a columnist

Dear Friends

With increased demands from the three organisations that I head and a new book in the making, I have had to resign as a columnist with the Jamaica Observer after 15 great years.  Hearty thanks to Observer colleagues, Vernon DavidsonDesmond Lloyd AllenHorace G. HelpsGloria Maragh and Miguel Thomas ... also to my eagle-eyed proofreader Hubert Chin.
:)

I will keep blogging when I can, and sharing links on social media. As fellow columnists will tell you, a weekly column demands much time and focus. I must now shift this focus to my PROComm, PRODEV and CCRP responsibilities and a second book that has been in the making for far too long. I must also give more support to my daughter Anita F. Chin's CafĂ© Nita.

CCRP (Caribbean Community of Retired Persons Ltd) which I founded in 2010, has grown in membership and the risks to our elderly demand greater advocacy. We plan to increase CCRP’s islandwide reach, with Central and Western Chapters. 

Then there are my other commitments as board Chairman/Director of several organisations, the Catholic community and of course, my family. 


It has been wonderful to engage with readers the world over, and I hope my blog www.lowrie-chin.blogspot.com will help to preserve those precious ties. I made some inspiring friends through my column and I thank them the stalwart friends and family members for keeping me motivated. 


Lovingly
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment