Sunday, January 1, 2012

My Blogging Story

I have been blogging for over four years - inspired by Annie Paul's 'Active Voice'. The most exhilarating time for my blog 'Lowrie-Chin Post' was the summer of 2008, when we attended the Beijing Olympics. There I was capturing in real time Jamaica's most amazing Olympic outing in our history! Three World Records involving the phenomenal Usain Bolt! A cornucopia of Gold from Usain, Veronica Campbell-Brown, Melaine Walker, Shelley-Ann Fraser, and the Relay Team of Bolt, Asafa Powell, Michael Frater and Nesta Carter.
I was blogging in the line, in our seat at the Bird's Nest, and capturing the lead stories in the China Daily. I was the envy of my friends as I blogged about partying with our Olympians.
After that I had regular visitors to the blog, and have been posting my weekly Observer column, local and international news highlights, and family events. I have also created a sub-blog for my book 'Souldance'
Interestingly, I am now using the Search feature to share interesting content with friends and to actually research for current pieces.
I now have over 30,000 visits to my blog from mostly Jamaica, the US, Canada and the UK. I do have followers from as far away as the Far east and New Zealand.
As millions create their blogs, media has been democratised and we are feeling our influence as we can Facebook and Tweet our posts. The blog is a great innovation - may we use it for enlightenment and empowerment!
Jean Anita
1JAN12
Sent from my BlackBerry® device from Digicel

1 comment:

  1. Such an inspiring post. It brings me back to when I started blogging. I still feel encouraged to share my experiences and thoughts with the world. If I don't, who will?

    ReplyDelete