|Francis 'Paco' Kennedy with his daughter Cathrine - Gleaner photo|
Francis ‘Paco’ Kennedy, retired executive of the conglomerate GraceKennedy, has been elected president of the Jamaica Chamber of Commerce (JCC).
Kennedy, who has been first vice president for the past two years, replaces Milton Samuda who has served as president for the past three years.
Others elected were Warren McDonald, first vice president; Paul B. Scott, second vice president; Cathrine Kennedy, third vice president; Oliver Chen, fourth vice president, and Wilbert Spence, honorary treasurer.
Seven directors were either elected or re-elected to the board. The current board now comprises:
• Lazarus Bucknor (BAPCO),
• Jacqueline Simmonds (JPSCo.),
• Anthony Gomes (HD Hopwood),
• Laurence Heffes (Heffes Sales),
• Dennis Valdez (Newport Fersan),
• Phillip Ramson (Chas. E. Ramson),
• Richard Pandohie (Carreras),
• Edward Khoury (ATL Group),
• Michael G. Ammar (Ammar’s & Azar’s),
• Lloyd Distant Jr. (LIME),
• Keith Collister (Orbus Technologies),
• Marguerite Cremin (Diageo/Red Stripe),
• Marjorie Seeberan (NCB),
• Glen Christian (Cari-Med)
• Grace Burnett (Allied Insurance Brokers).
Other members of the association’s leadership team include past presidents and committee chairpersons.