Monday, July 15, 2013

I am shocked that Zimmerman is scot free!

I note what the President has said, but I am still shocked that the killer of  17-year-old Trayvon Martin is now free as a bird.  Reports are that the killer, George Zimmerman had passed negative remarks about Blacks in his neighbourhood.  So he sees this unarmed young Black teenager walking across the street and accosts him. 

He calls the police who advise him to leave the young man alone, but no.  He goes and picks a fight with Trayvon and when Trayvon fights back, he shoots him dead - the photo shows the huge hole left by the bullet in Trayvon Martin's hoodie.

As the parent of a young Black man, I am filled with fear!  My son has relatives in the US ... and he loves Skittles, the candy Trayvon went to buy (not steal) from the store.  So should I tell my son that he should never go out at night on his own to a store when he is in the US, because someone like Zimmerman could very well view him as a threat, kill him, and get off scot free?

photos from Huffington Post report ...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/15/george-zimmerman-gun-back_n_3598228.html

No comments:

Post a Comment