Saturday, August 25, 2012

Bolt and Blake deliver in Diamond League

Super Usain does it again: Bolt dazzles in Lausanne

Olympic champion produced a stunning run in the 200m at the Diamond League meeting in Switzerland 

The Mirror - UK

- from The Mirror

Ultimate showman Usain Bolt picked up in Lausanne where he left off in London, playing air guitar on his blocks before cruising to victory in the 200m.
And his training partner Yohan Blake provided more evidence of his growing threat when he ran 9.69sec in the 100m to blow away a worldclass field in the Diamond League meeting.
While it was all about business for Blake, for Bolt it was about having fun after his triple gold medal success at the Olympics.
He looked even more relaxed than normal - if that's possible - and entertained the adoring crowd at the Pontaise Stadium with a spontaneous performance on his air guitar.
Bolt then put down his imaginary guitar to run 19.58sec in the 200m in near perfect, still conditions to beat his own meeting record to destroy the star-studded field.
"The guitar was just fun," he smiled. "I heard the music and it just came to me. I heard the music playing so I just did it."
Strike a pose: Blake joins his pal Usain Bolt to celebrate their victories in the Diamond League - Mail-Online
Bolt was one of the first people to congratulate Blake on his stunning run and claimed he knew his pal would clock a fast time.
"I could tell that Yohan was going to run fast," said the Jamaican superstar.
"I see him in training and he wants to run even faster than he is now. I predicted 9.72 and he managed to run a bit faster."
Incredibly, Blake revealed after his sensational performance against a field, which included Tyson Gay, that he has been ill all week with a cold. 'The Beast' would love to race more regularly against Bolt, who beat him at London 2012, but feels their head-toheads may cost more than promoters would be willing to pay.
"Definitely I'd love to race against Usain," said the 100m world champion.
"I run with him every day because he's my training partner. I love training with him.
"It would take big money and I don't know if it will happen.
"I'm very happy with my time. I'm fighting a cold, I've been sick all week, but thank God I recovered.
"I'm getting there. I hoped I would run fast and I think with more races, I can only get better and better."

No comments:

Post a Comment